Amnesty. Political Pardons and the Law.
- The law relating to political pardons dates back to 1870.
- If the pardon relates to a public order offence, there must be a prior criminal conviction.
- If the pardon relates to a constitutional breach, no prior conviction is necessary.
- Were pardons not to be given out by the state Junqueras would be free and some policemen imprisoned. Totally unfair.
- Under the current constitution, Puigdemont would probably have to go in front of the courts before receiving a pardon.