- The investigating magistrate (juez de instruccion) decided there was a case to answer (indicios)
- The judge published a judicial decision (un auto) regarding the merits (fundamentos) of the case
- He was tried (fue juzagado) at The Old Bailey (Sala de lo penal de La Audencia Nacional).
- The chances of Puigdemont finishing up in the dock (en el banquillo) in Spain are unlikely
- Hundreds of ordinary Catalans will not be charged (imputados) as a result of the amnesty
LEGAL ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS: LAW AND POLITICS leer más…
WHAT THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE WILL BE CONSIDERING IN SOUTH AFRICA»S CASE AGAINST ISRAEL AT THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE IN THE HAGUE
SPEAKING ACTIVITIES FOR LEGAL ENGLISH
WISH YOU COULD SOUND MORE NATIVE IN YOUR ENGLISH? TO HELP, HERE ARE SOME EVERYDAY IDIOMS leer más…
Using Appropriate Language
How To Politely Ask For Clarification When Taking Instructions From A Client In English
THE LANGUAGE OF NUISANCE (for example noisy neighbours) REMEDIES
The Law of Tort (Derecho No-Contractual): Nuisance Remedies (Recursos En Casos de Nocividad/Molestias Legales)
I»m being adversly affected by the noise from the next door apartment.
I»m going to bring a civil claim for nuisance in the High Court, based on mental distress and loss of earnings.
At the same time I»m going to lodge a complaint at the Magistrates Court (under an act of parliament-because the Magistrates Court is usually only for criminal cases) for a Noise Abatement Order.
A breach of a noise abatement order can lead to a criminal prosecution and a big fine in the UK.
The Civil Court (EG..The County Court or The High Court ) has the power to impose an injunction as well as damages (financial restitution)